Field Sales Executive
Playway Books https://playwaybooks.com/ is looking for an experienced educational book sales candidate to be a part of our Sales team to help us lead and expand our clientele in Kerala. We are a start-up reestablishing a 21yr old small scale industry product into a well-known brand in education by encouraging students to learn by playing.
The candidate will be responsible for the entire sales cycle – generate leads from designated schools (all curriculums), meet the decision makers at schools or school associations, pitch the product, create a need, build demand, win sales orders prior to starting of academic year procurement, manage demand based on sales forecast for production, send sales quotations to potential schools, follow-up rigorously to closure, secure purchase orders from customers prior to production, manage the entire sales cycle on a CRM, track your daily/weekly meetings and client activities, assist Head of Sales in promoting, marketing and selling the inventory of books through ecommerce channels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Be the focal point for the brand, product, and the values we stand for.
- Manage all Business Development & Sales activities within the assigned region/territory.
- Analyze and execute sales targets on your own and deliver targets monthly.
- Create your marketing plans justifying ROI and execute them to generate sales.
- Manage sales & marketing operations for promotion of books.
- Establish multiple sales channels such as distributors, resellers, and ecommerce platforms to drive sales and generate revenue throughout the year
- Coordinate all activities related to marketing, sales, and follow-up with schools.
- Create a database of potential schools by curriculum or syllabus, school associations such as PTA, and decision makers responsible for school procurement.
- Recommend changes in product, supply, logistics, services, policy, etc. based on evaluation of results for competitive advantage.
- Analyze custom requirements, requests and feedbacks from schools and report back to management on a quarterly basis.
- Fulfillment of ecommerce orders, returns, and refunds for direct customers
Key Skills required:
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a similar profile in a similar industry.
- Must know schools in Kerala and acquire right contacts in each region/territory.
- Bachelor’s degree from the relevant stream.
- Excellent business communication & presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel more than 75% of the time & must have own conveyance (2-wheeler preferably).
- A high degree of integrity, maturity, and ability to work with the team remotely.
- Sense of responsibility to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Self-starter who is commercially minded, target-driven, process oriented and motivated.
- Experienced with CRM systems and processes.
- Fixed Salary monthly
- KPI based Sales incentive/bonus paid quarterly
- Travel Allowance
- Work from anywhere
- Role: Field Sales Executive
- Salary: Compensation per industry standards
- Industry: Education / Training
- Functional Area: Sales & Business Development
- Role Category: Retail & B2C Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time, Contract
B2B sales, school visit, school sales, business development, sales, product sales, book sales, academic book selling, cold calling schools, generating leads from potential schools
PG: Any Bachelor’s degree or Postgraduation from a reputed b-school/college